Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finding my way...

They say the past is best left in the dust
To live it day and night is to stay up through dusk
But what happens when facing the problems doesn’t work
When trying to fight through the pain just makes you bleed the hurt
I’ve been told that running away doesn’t ease the pain
You’ll just keep running and have to live with the shame
But anything is better than where I am now
When did I get here…hell I can’t even remember how
So I guess I’ll try to run away
But in my heart you’re here to stay
Everywhere I turn there you are
My memories shouldn’t be able to reach this far
It seems that I can’t escape the pain anywhere I go
And you seem to just sit there and enjoy the show
I wonder if I’ll ever be happy again
Even though I will always think about you now and then
Every day I fight the good fight
And try to make it through another day without having to cry
I can only hope that one day I’ll stare into his eyes
And to my deepest and complete surprise
I won’t feel the pain anymore
I’ll stare into his eyes and be sure
I’ve found the one who can save me from your memories
And I’ll know that he’s the one to protect me
He’ll love me forever and gives whole new meaning to “forever and ever babe”

No comments:

Post a Comment