Friday, December 4, 2009

Adoption

Adopt by definition means to take by choice into a relationship. Most people always think of having there own children and that is it. That's fine that people want to have children of there own flesh and blood. It's perfectly understandable. I want to have my own kids too. However, I also want to adopt. I think it's essential that families at least TALK about adoption at least once in there lifetime. Kids that need to be adopted were someone else's flesh and blood. For whatever reason, they now need someone to love them.

Another form of adoption that some people view as less serious is animal adoption. I'm an avid animal lover so they are pretty high on my list. A very common misconception is that only dogs and cats go to animal shelters. Well, that is not true. All kinds of small animals, even turtles, get taken to shelters. Some shelters are actually dedicated only to small animals (no dogs or cats). The first dog I got actually found me. Some family decided they didn't want her anymore and they dumped her. She found me and eleven happy years later she is still running and carrying on just like she is a pup. I know some people want breeds so they go to breeders. I'M NOT SAYING DON'T! I got my next dog from a breeder. My grandparents got both of theres from breeders. However I'm getting ready to adopt a couple new pets from shelters. I'm just saying give adoption a chance! Whether your looking to adopt a child or a pet. They all need a loving home.

One more thing before you quit reading. Just because a child isn't a little kid or an animal isn't a baby doesn't mean they don't need homes. Don't just adopt infants, toddlers, and younger kids. Don't just adopt kittens and puppies. The older ones need homes too. Just because a kid is 16 doesn't mean that he/she doesn't want a family anymore. Just because a dog is 15 does not by any means mean that the dog wants to spend the rest of its life in a cage or in foster care. Explore all your options and give somebody somewhere a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment