Sunday, December 13, 2009

Music expresses what words can't (part 2)

In November I lost a friend of mine from high school to suicide. I've never really been able to express how I felt about any of it except when I cried. I heard this song by Toby Keith and I started crying. This was exactly how I felt about not only losing Gunnar but another friend named Zack and even a good friend of the family (my piano teacher) Rosemary. It seems to be a reoccurring trend that my music is the sole opportunity I have to express myself. People think it's stupid that I put my Ipod on shuffle just to skip half the songs so that I can find what I'm looking for. What they don't understand is that it's just my way of expression. Music is what I use to express my mood and my feelings. Music is my mood and my life. It's what helps keep my head above water when I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of depression. When there is no one else around music is that shoulder you can cry on. I guess in short, music is my vice.

No comments:

Post a Comment